Free scan of error code says " skip in no. 3 cylinder" (thanks AutoZone!)

Check engine light returned after I shut it off by diconecting the battery. I can feel the engine run rough when I accelerate hard so it does sound like a skip in the no. 3 cylinder.

Autozone suggested plugs and wires. If that doesnt do it I could try the coil for that cylinder.

Any suggestions for changing the back 3 plugs? 1997 Camry XLE 6 cyl. 80,000 miles. I cant even see them. Hopefully this isnt a car where you have to lift the engine to get access to the rear 3 plugs????

Also If I do get the plugs and wires changed and there's no improvement, is it difficult to change the coils on these cars? It looks like there is one for each plug?

Thanks for any info!!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I had plug wires replaced on my '93 V6 in Toyota dealership. Apparently, they took off intake manifold and intake lines, as the guy told me that they did some cleaning of the throttle body. Since I have to do the same thing soon (replace the plugs), let me know how long did it take you to do the AFT plugs. And V6 engines from '94 on do have distributorless ingnition, meaning that there is a coil for each cylinder.

Zbysko

Reply to
Zbysko

I'll be doing it this weekend, I'll let you know how long it takes. Steve

Reply to
Steve

Done! It took me about 1.5 hours. Backs were tough. Could do it in under 1 hour next time. In about

60,000 miles !!

Seems to have fixed my problem. runs much smoother now.

Steve

Reply to
steve