no compression in cylinder #3

89 lebaron w\2.2Lturbo eng. has no compression in cylinder #3. The car was running just fine one minute and then it died instantly while cruising down the fwy at about 60mph. Since this happened the car has refused to show even a glipse that it will start back up. I always thought that a car would at least start and run with a blown head gasket so I basically ruled that out. Any suggestions on which half of the motor the problem may be in? I realize that a major breakdown is inevitable, but would be nice to have a general idea anyway. Thanks for any input.
Reply to
marks89lebaron

BROKEN ROCKER ARM/ LIFTER? but will normally allow the engine to start, hole in the piston? but will normally allow the engine to start with severe blowby

Reply to
maxpower

How about intake valve not closing - blowing fuel from that cyl back to other cyls - possibly flooding them??????

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Reply to
Mr. Bignose
89 lebaron w\2.2Lturbo eng. has no compression in cylinder #3. The car was running just fine one minute and then it died instantly while cruising down the fwy at about 60mph. Since this happened the car has refused to show even a glipse that it will start back up. I always thought that a car would at least start and run with a blown head gasket so I basically ruled that out. Any suggestions on which half of the motor the problem may be in? I realize that a major breakdown is inevitable, but would be nice to have a general idea anyway. Thanks for any input.

BROKEN ROCKER ARM/ LIFTER? but will normally allow the engine to start, hole in the piston? but will normally allow the engine to start with severe blowby

How about intake valve not closing - blowing fuel from that cyl back to other cyls - possibly flooding them?????? You may be right there also, seen that many times in the past when they were in the shop,

Reply to
maxpower