Transmission fixed by changing spark plug wires and 1 coil !!!

I hope! What I felt as a skip in the transmission may have been a skip in the engine. Mechanic replaced wires and #3 plug coil. (error code of random missfires) I asked mechanic to check the transmission and he couldnt find a problem. Everytime he felt a "skip" he said it showed as a missfire on his scan tool. The question is! is his skip and my skip the same skip. The check engine light came on 2 days before It was going in for the tranny diagnosis. I know the code indicated a misfire. For a year I've felt this skip in the transmission. Could I have been feeling a skip in the engine????

Gave the care to my wife so I dont drive it much. She hasnt felt the "skip" since she got the car back.

Like I said, I hope. I thought I was looking at a Tranny down the road.

1997 Camry V6 XLE 80,000
Reply to
steve

Same illusion happened to me with an old 318 cu valiant. I thought the transmission was slipping when I planted it,...turned out to be fuel starvation.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Transmissions dont "skip"..... I bet your problem is cured. You only have 80,000 miles on that 97 Camry...I have 180,000 miles on my

97, yours will last a long time...
Reply to
ROBMURR

robmurr,

How could you put 180,000 miles on a '97 Camry? I have 80,0000 miles on my '99 camry and I think I am insane with using the camry :-)

vk

Reply to
vk

It has been such a fun and troublefree car I could not help myself... Amazing how the miles pile up...Traveled a lot in this car.... For years I have not flown on my trips due to hassling with the airport, security issues, etc I have done more driving. Only broken thing has been a power steering rack leaked and I had that rpleaced, and some dirty fuel injectors had to be cleaned, all other items have been maintenance items like air filters, Brakes, oil changes, trans fluid changes, plugs, tires, etc. However the next vehicle may be a Honda CRV unless Toyota makes the RAV4 bigger in the next year.

Reply to
ROBMURR