FS 91 CAMRY

LOADED NEW SILVER PAINT SENIOR DRIVEN GOOD RUBBER E/TESTED P/D P/W MINT ASKING $5400.00 OBO RETURN OR 225-9747

Reply to
Brendan Guilfoyle

Sorry, but I just have to reply...

1) believe you forgot your area code on the phone number

2) you don't mention miles

3) you don't mention V6 or 4 cylinder

4) even if the car is in "mint condtion", according to Edmund's a top of the line V6 with 60,000 miles with all options "dealer retail is abour $4500 and private party is around $3400".

I realize you state "or best offer", but I guess what I am saying is, you are quite a bit overpriced.

-

-- Curtis Newton snipped-for-privacy@remove-me.akaMail.com

ICQ: 4899169

Reply to
Curtis Newton

Reply to
Artfulcodger

It amazes me that someone would post a phone number without an area code in a non-local newsgroup.

Are we funking mind readers?

Reply to
Steve

Based on the fact that the poster is in Ontario, one might conclude the asking price is in Canadian dollars. The lack of an area code or specific location remains baffling.

Curtis Newt> >

Reply to
jmc

I HAVE A 'MUST SEE' VIRTUALLY REBUILT AUTOMOBILE . IT HAS 240,000 K ON IT WITH ANOTHER 250,000 LEFT IN IT. I WANT $5400.00 OBO ANY INTEREST?

Reply to
Brendan Guilfoyle

He's being sarcastic. There is no Camry with 250,000 miles for sale for $5,400. He's trying to make the point that the price is overinflated for the model and year regardless of how much effort has gone into restoring the condition.

I look at used Camrys from a different perspective. The most important thing is the maintenance and care they have received. This is more important than age or mileage. For example, a '94 - '96 Camry with 110,000 miles in superb condition would be worth more to me personally than a neglected year 2000 Camry with 40,000 miles. Of course, to sell, or buy, one must be competitive with other similar vehicles, but sometimes, older Camrys in top condition can be in limited supply. Also, of course, what most people want, is the pampered car for the bargain price. That's why we have the market environment. The seller asks what he wants to ask, and the buyer pays what he (or she) wants to pay.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

OOps. Sorry. Original poster IS promoting the car. Must be Canadian Dollars after all. Still, this isn't the best forum for selling - better luck with local media.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Sounds high, whats the milage, at that price Everything should be new, Tires, brakes, belts , hoses etc. etc.

Reply to
mark Ransley