What is this air filtration on Camry XLE?

Does anybody know what is this air filtration (for internal climate control) on Camry XLE (2003 model)? It is supposed to filter out air contaminants sucked from outside. Is it effective? Are there any filters to be changed periodically, etc?

Reply to
DavYY

Jack

Do you know if this is XLE-only feature. Does Camry LE have any such air filtration?

Reply to
DavYY

Reply to
John H

I bought this A/C filter for my 2003 Corolla about 4-5 months ago and the filter was $23. It might be $45 -installed-. It's so simple to do yourself with a flashlight and small hands that one should do it themselves.

Reply to
Philip®

Reply to
Jack

My local Toyota Dealer charges as follows:

Replace Interior Dust and Pollen Filter $49.88

This price includes installation.

Reply to
Car Guy

I paid $37 + taxes Canadian. Installed myself.

Reply to
P J H