Fuel injection cleaners

Hi!

Do you believe in using fuel injection cleaners like STP in order to keep your engine clean? Is this a waste of money, worthwhile, or dangerous for the engine?

Many thanks for your advice!!!

Reply to
cimetiere

I dump a can in the tank each year with no problems.

Reply to
BigJim

I've never dumped a can in my tank and have had no problems in 11 years. Same with all cars in my past 50 years.

cimetiere wrote:

Reply to
Stubby

About once every two months I use the higher octane fuels. I imagine that this will give the same effect. Our family used to have a gas station. I know there are some dirt in the tank that may get into the engine.

As a rule my father told me, never allow your car to run with the fuel light coming on. The debris in the tank will clog up your filter and fuel lines.

Reply to
EdV

====================== Redline SI-1 only. Read the research and technical information at Red Line oil and draw your own conclusion.

Reply to