Got a new alternator for my '92 camry LE

Its not working too well. I then noticed that my old alternator was 80 amps and the new one is only 70 amps. Would this cause the alt to not charge my battery and let it run the car? Coz that's what seems to be happening.

Reply to
C4MRY_R0X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Can you elaborate? Is the battery going dead from lack of charge? How long are your individual trips and how often are you attempting to start the car? won't the car start? etc.

Reply to
mack

No, but it will take a bit more time.

and let it run the car? Other than starting, it takes very little juice to run the car.

Coz that's what seems to be

Reply to
Stubby

There may be other causes in the electrical system. But generally you want to match the output of the original alternator. There are changes for Camrys made before and after Aug 1992 from the looks in the catalogs. So you want to get the right one.

I get my alternators from the local NAPA store. They are reman's (you can ask they to order new) but are competitively priced along with a good warranty.

C4MRY_R0X wrote:

Reply to
johngdole