passive antitheft system on 07 camry

I received a letter from my insurance company asking if my new 07 Camry le has a passive antitheft system. I know that it has some kind of antitheft system but not sure of the verbiage. If the car is so equipped I can get a discount on part of my insurance. Anyone know if this system meets the requirements for the insurance discount.

TIA

Reply to
BigJim

You're not even sure what it is yourself, how will anyone else know? Here (Western Australia) it is compulsory to have a gov't approved immobiliser. Ask the ins. co.

Reply to
jg

My understanding is passive antitheft system is where car make a loud beep if someone tries to open the car without disabling the alarm. (kind of what we do when we press the button on key chain to enable/disable the alarm.)

An active antitheft would probably be something like Lo-Jack. Check your manual it should give you all the info or call the dealer. Good luck

Reply to
learnfpga

Call the dealer you bought the car from and ask.

Reply to
El Jefe

Is the engine immobilizer LED blinking when you lock the doors? This indicator is on the center of the dashboard beside the passenger seatbelt indicator.

Reply to
EdV

I would think "a chipped key" would be a passive antitheft system - that's std on my '03 4Runner but not my '03 Camry --- so not sure about '07. The keys plastic top has a embedded computer/transmitter chip in it. The factory optional Fujitsu 10 VIP has both active and passive arming modes - I would think it would qualify too. With the chip they can't start the car to steal it -- but your radio, seats, etc will be gone with no flashing horn.

Reply to
Wolfgang