GPS antenna

Hi,

Will a GPS receiver work on the dashboard of a 1997 Camry? I am considering buying a satellite navigation set for a PDA, but i hear some stories of gps receivers not working behind coated windshields. Anyone has experiences with this?

Thanks in advance,

Eric. The Netherlands

1996 (model 1997) camry V6 auto.

It works on my 2001 and 1998 Camrys. My guess would be that it works on the 1997 too.

But if not, I've found that you can buy a remote GPS antenna that mounts to your roof for under $20, and then route it to the PDA.

By the way, welcome to PDA/GPS navigation! I recommend Garmin. Very popular forum here:

Here's the product itself:

amw157

Ahoy.

I run a Garmin Quest on the driver's side of the window in high and low positions. I never has a reception problem at all. I'm guessing though that the common reception footprint in your part of the planet would make a big difference....

Bottom l> Hi,

Reply to
Big Kahuna

Thanks for the info guys, i am considering acer n35 or mitac mio 168.

"E" schreef in bericht news:a5KdnZUVHNIej snipped-for-privacy@infopact.nl...