2007 Camry GPS Antenna Location?

Does anyone know the location of the GPS antenna on a 2007 Camry? I cannot find it in the owner's manual. I would imagine that it's either in the front or back dash. Toyota's customer service was of no help either.

I'm determined to tint my windows, but it would be much easier to know where the GPS antenna is located first (and plan around it).

Reply to
JUSBNKC

A sure sign of a ricer.

Reply to
sharx35

Maybe the Kentucky plant will build them to run on Bourbon? .............................. I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Reply to
Route 101©

I have tinted windows in the 2007 Camry. The windows were tinted by the dealer at the time of purchase.

About a month ago this ocurred after the NAV worked fine for 11 months. see below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NAVIGATION SYSTEM SHOWS VEHICLE IN WRONG LOCATION 11/14/2006 - 2006 - 2007 model year 4Runner and Sienna vehicles equipped with the Toyota Navigation System produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown in this TSB. 2007 model year Camry, Camry HV, and Solara vehicles equipped with the Toyota Navigation System produced BEFORE the Production Change Effective VINs shown in this TSB.Some customers may experience a condition with their navigation system, where the vehicle icon is intermittently shown on the map in the wrong location. A special DVD map disc with a revised operating system has been developed to remedy this condition.

NOTE: If the customer has purchased a Gen 5 update disc after November 1, 2006, then this TSB is NOT applicable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I brought the car in for warranty service due to the NAV system not working properly. They installed the revised DVD map disc on 3/7/07 and the NAV is now funtioning properly. But this is too short of a time to conclude that the NAV will continue to function as it is supposed to, since the initial DVD map disc failed after 11 months. Time will tell if the new DVD disc is a permanent solution.

It is stated in the 2007 Camry owner's manual that certain window tinting can interfere with the NAV system.

I've read on this newsgroup that the NAV antenna is in the dashboard but I can't confirm that.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
WoodBee

You plan to (further) tint your windshield and rear window? You might have other issues besides GPS reception. Check your state and local laws. .............................. Every time I lose weight, It finds me again !

Reply to
Route 101©

Ricers/greasers don't care about the law.

Reply to
sharx35

Thanks for everyone's help! I had my windows tinted today. No GPS signal problems, nor XM satellite radio problems.

Of course, they are legally tinted for the state of Alabama. 35% on side windows and rear window. No tint on the front windshield. I got regular metallic tint (nothing special, like ceramic) based on the expertise of the window tinting shop. They had experience tinting Camrys with GPS and XM, and knew of no problems with regular tint.

I hope this post helps others in the same situation.

Reply to
JUSBNKC