Help, Advice for installing trans cooler 93 V6

Hi, I want to install an aftermarket tranmission cooler on my 1993 Camry V6. (I plan to tow a 2000 lb. trailer...)

Have any of you done this? Pics available?

Can you help me identify the supply line and return lines?

I plan to install the new cooler in line with the radiator cooler. Is that best? Does it matter which direction the fluid should flow?

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chuck

A 93 towing 2000 is asking for alot of trouble, but be sure it has a thermostat it you must ruin your trans by towing.

Reply to
m Ransley

Actually it is rated to tow 200 pounds - but I agree it is pressing the limit. I could see towing a garden mower trailer, a hobie cat sail boat or a very small pot up trailer BUT that would be it.

Reply to
Wolfgang

My 90 Camry V6 towed my loaded utility trailer almost daily. It was only maybe 800lbs. Anymore than that would be too much, Its not just towing you have to be able to stop too. If your driving a 93 now that trany probably has a lot of miles by now, towing that much will shorten its life.

Reply to
Rob