Help trying to solve hard shifting auto

Hey I bought a 1989 Camry all trac with a blown motor. I changed out the motor and installed another one and now when I put it into gear it bangs into reverse. Is it a matter of the idle being too high or is there some kind of switch of solenoid that needs to be changed out? I'm new to this newsgroup so if possible maybe I could be reached at my email site which is snipped-for-privacy@cyberhotline.com Thanks, ben

Reply to
ben dixon