What does the "throttle opener" do? Cflearance Specs?

=_NextPart_000_0066_01C456DF.30A2FC20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have a 98 Camry 4-cylinder. I notice that the "throttle opener" = adjustment screw is loose and fully backed-off on the throttle lever. = What is the function of the "throttle opener"? What is the suggested = clearance?

My Haynes manual for this car does not mention any specs for how to = adjust the clearance between the screw and the vacuum operated "throttle = opener". ARe there any manuals that are better than the Haynes?

Regards

Mike D

Reply to
Mike Danielson

My Haynes manual for this car does not mention any specs for how to adjust the clearance between the screw and the vacuum operated "throttle opener". ARe there any manuals that are better than the Haynes?

Regards

Mike D

The throttle opener is mentioned in my Gregories manual. Adjustment is confined to:

1.- allow engine to heat-up.

2.- make sure engine is idling at 700 rpm +- 50 revs.

3- pulloff the vacuum hose from the TO and seal the end of the hose.

4- raise revs to 2500 and allow to drop back to idle

5- adjust the TO screw for an engine speed or 1300- 1500 rpm. Make sure the cooling fans are not on while doing this.

Reattach hose, which will brings revs back to normal.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James