How to attach front license plate 96 Camry

Hi--

As you all suspect, I've moved to a state that requires a front plate. I've read the other threads in the group on this topic and they don't really answer my question, which is this. I have the original front molded plastic bracket that came with the car, so I thought this would be easy. But it seems like the bracket doesn't even match up to the bumper. Also, I don't see any indentations marking the screw spots. Possible problem: 4 years ago on black ice I took this car into a guard rail. I suspect the front bumper may have been replaced with an aftermarket part (I told the body shop to do what they had to do to keep insurer from just totaling car out.) Any advice? I'm thinking with the car now more than ten years old, maybe I just jerry-rig it on there any way I can. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
bigopf

Just mark the plate hole locations with a punch, then put a sheet metal screw in the bumper.

Reply to
qslim

Thanks, probably what I'll end up doing--but are you saying plate directly to bumper this way, or bracket to bumper first?

Reply to
bigopf

Whatever you want. You don't need a bracket on the front, but you could put one. I guess the theory being you only bolt the bracket to the bumper once, then you can bolt the plates to the bracket as you need. Never really thought about it, because either way you do it, it won't go anywhere.

Reply to
qslim