Front license plate

Now that I'm living in NY, I need to put a front plate on the car. Do I need to get the hardware from a dealer or is it something I can pick up at the local parts store?

Reply to
Louis Hom

I'd get it from the dealer parts. Aftermarket parts for these brackets rarely fit correctly. with my last car, when the bracket started to rust (Chrysler product) and I looked for an aftermarket one, nothing would fit. Finally wound up welding one together that held up well. You can also check junkyards and recyclers. Someone else posted about a used parts source deditated to saturns

(fwiw) Welcome to NY...

Oppie White Plains, NY '01 LW300

____________________________________________________________________________ __

Reply to
Oppie

I have one on my 2000 sl1. How do I take it off. I live in PA no front plate needed.

Reply to
Paul Dougherty

On my 97 I removed the plate and saw a couple of plastic rivets holding the bracket to the bumper. I used a small drill to destroy the rivets and the bracket came off - sure looked nice until the Cop pulled me over and asked where my plate was... (sigh) We have the traffic cameras here so I'm guessing that's why they're so big on a front plate.

Jonnie Santos

Why not move out of NY instead?

Reply to
Mr. Goodwrench

You can get one at any GM dealership, because we all use the same part.

If you happen to be in Westchester County, call Saturn of White Plains and tell them Mark sent you :)

Reply to
Markwalt