97 Jetta - Attach front license plate bracket

My state requires front plates and I have the factory bracket, but it has never been on and there are no existing holes that would work.

Does anyone know where and how to install this bracket?

Thanks.

Scott

Reply to
Scott F

it's basically just drill the holes and screw it to the bumper. inelegant yes, but it's how it is. VW isn't very good at making pre-threaded holes or anything for front plates.

Reply to
Matt B.

********* Does that Jetta have the rubber bumper cover? If so look for little indentions for placement of the screws. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

"Matt B." wrote in news:nMu1d.266916$sh.37827@fed1read06:

You're right about the ineligant, but that's what I did and it works. Thanks.

Reply to
Scott F