how to seal-repair steering rack rubber boots

The steering rack rubber boots on my '90 Corolla broke off at the end toward outside. Dirts and moisture could get into the boots and destroy the rack. So far there is no leak on my rack. I don't know how to patch them up? Use plastic sheet to wrap around the borken ends? Or??/ Any ideas??? Any info is welcomed and appreciated.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

No easy way out for this one,...that'd last for long. To effect a temp repair provided the boot is separated at the lastrib, is to remove the remaining piece of boot and clip, then pull the boot over the orignal area where the clip was and either re-clip it or use a zip-tie.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Thanks. What is zip-tie?

Matt

Reply to
Matt

area

Thats what we call those long thin plastic strips with a feedthru locking ratchet on one end for the other end to be pull thru. I believe the cops use them as hand-cuffs occasinally.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James