Inexpensive car alarm needed

Looking for a inexpensive car alarm for '90 camry, mainly for remote door opening and closing convenience Looking to spend under $40 and self install. Any recommendation of brand, model and source. Thanks

Reply to
jjjsan

I don't know if the locks of that car are electric or not; if they are not, then you're looking to buy the pistons that will open the locks. Just for those pistons we're talking about more than $50.00.

I don't think you'll find good quality, durable, and fully guaranteed alarm for less than $40.00.

you should try

you might find something there.

-- EL FORY - "I still have the sun to kiss your shadow"

Reply to
EL FORY

has a good selection of products. Will answer questions in short order as well. I have no interest in them other than I purchased a cruise, alarm and remote door locks from them for my Tundra. Hope this helps, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Try JC Whitney ---

They have one made by BULL DOG for $36.99 Part # ZX478242N

Reply to
Wolfgang

Brand called 'Easy Fit' which includes a horn and 1 or 2 remotes (one remote is about $10 cheaper at around $40) was the simplest yet wholly effective. The unit is just fitted in the engine bay across battery and chassis/ground/-ve. There is one wire with an inline fuse for battery and a metal mount which also connects ground,...and that's it unless you fit the flashing LED which takes some more time.

This unit simply alrams for 30s then resets when the battery volts drop after a door or boot/trunk lid is opened. It also has a vibration alarm.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Get a car monkey, 39.95$ at wall mart, he lives in the trunk and opens the door for you. If someone breaks in he crawls out with a bat and hits him over the head till he leaves. But they are a bit smelly Ive heard.

Reply to
m Ransley