Brake "clank"

2001 Camry 2.2. I often get a "clank" from my front brakes when applying them in reverse after a few miles in forward. Any ideas?
Reply to
mrbhanks

CV joint ?

Reply to
m Ransley

Thanks ransley, I'll check it out.

Reply to
mrbhanks

Have the same problem on my 2001 2.2l Camry. Dealer said its normal "pad shift", when changing tire rotation direction.

Reply to
Pintoo

Thanks shirshm, that makes a lot of sense. If so I should hear the same sound at first braking after going forward, right?

Reply to
mrbhanks