intermittent power loss - 93 Camry 4 cyl

Experiencing loss of power / engine stall between 1000 to 2000 rpms. Sometimes starts right up, other times difficult to start. New distributor installed a week ago along with new plugs and wires, but problem persists.

222,000 miles so far with relatively few problems other than this issue.

Air flow meter? Computer? Thanks in advance, F

Reply to
Fireant

I've seen this problem on your year & model caused by a coolant temp sensor a few times in the past. It'll trick the computer into thinking the engine temp is around -40F. The system reverts to open-loop mode, dumping fuel to bring the temp up, which will caise rough running and stalling if the engine is really already up to operating temperature. Just an idea, though. Can't tell for sure without looking at it.

Reply to
qslim

Was the coil replaced

Reply to
m Ransley

yes. new distributor

Reply to
Fireant

You can use an old coil in a new distributor, I mean a new distributor to me doesnt automaticly mean new coil or electronics.

Reply to
m Ransley

"Fireant" schreef in bericht news:Oy4rf.11258$g snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com...

Did you clean the throttle body?