Is E85 gas safe?

No just use regular, mid or premium are only needed if stated, some high performace cars are to high a compression for regular. If a car that states regular knocks it needs a tune up, not better gas. The cost difference of higher grade does not pay off on increased milage offsetting the higher grades cost

Reply to
ransley

Commercial Tractors are Diesel, low rpm diesels last 10 x ++ as long as gas motors.

Reply to
ransley

Thats not true about their fuel usage, they use alot of fuel to run they are heavy big tires and made to last, diesel has about 17% more energy than gas but the reason for commercial trucks and all commercial equipment using diesel is diesels last at least 10x longer. its all in rpm, a 3600 rpm motor may last 300-3000 hrs, a 1800 rpm

12000 - maybe 80000 hrs, a slow 900 rpm boat engine 500000 hrs, its all in the rpm.
Reply to
ransley

But the alcohol does remove some water allowing it to be burned and not sit on the bottom of your tank or freeze your lines at -20f. years ago before alcohol waster in the gas was a bigger issue. Gas is better but what can you do.

Reply to
ransley

Neither does E85 it does none of that those are all false hoods. It is clear you don't know much about E85 or ethanol for that matter. Ethanol was the first fuel ever used in a vehicle and then it was electric. We only switched to fossil fuels because it cost more and we could make more money off them. E85 is the safest best way to fuel your car and our economy for our environment and for our dependence on foreign oil. We had an electric car but that used no oil so they killed that car watch the documentary death of the electric car. No negatives to E85 almost make you wonder why they put these false hoods out? Oh and they do have tractors they use E85 Diesel fuel.

Reply to
r.andrews36

The electric car died for one simple reason, lack of range, and that is the same limitation on the sales of electric cars today.

Even if everything you believe to be true was true, where would we get all of the ethanol to replace the 400,000,000 gallon of gasoline currently use in the US every day? The argument that drilling for our OWN oil will not drop the price of gas "TODAY," is phony. Any or all of the offered alternate fuels will not drop the price "TODAY," either. Our concerned has to be what will happen in the future. THAT is what McCain and the Republicans in Congress are trying to address. The announcement by the President caused an immediate drop in futures for crude and a change in attitude in the Congress will do likewise TODAY.

The fact remains, regardless of what NOBAMA, most of the Dims and the environuts would have us believe, there is no CURRENT realistic replacement for gasoline, nor will there be in the foreseeable future. The ONLY ALTERNATIVE TODAY is to drill for more of our OWN OIL to reduce our dependency on imported oil and the financial drain on our economy it is causing until an alternative, or a group of alternative, fuel(s) can be developed for gasoline as well as a replacement to diesel an AVATION fuels

fuel

Reply to
Mike hunt

FFV get 6-28% less mpg on E85, a Tahoe was tested 28% less on e85. E85 prices vary and are rarely 28% less so many will loose. Do you like corn, you do know the price has doubled in the last few years, Cows, pigs, chickens eat corn for feed, and of course you pay more now for chicken. E85 fuel in my area is still to expensive compared to gas to consider it and with corn going up e85 isnt going down. In 1862 Gas from coal powered a car, in 1862 Benzine powered a car. There was no first "fuel" as everything was tried all over the world. In 1678 a steam vehicle is on record.The gm electric failed because of cost and range, it failed because nobody bought it. gas was alot cheaper when GM introduced it, that is why it failed. E85 has to be subsidised to become popular.

Reply to
ransley

E85 diesel, it doesnt exist, show proof, post a link, go to sleep

Reply to
ransley

English isn't your first language, is it?

Reply to
Retired VIP

If all we had was e85 from corn, we would have 100$ chickens-burgers- ribs and 20$ an ear of corn. Do you like beans and rice

Reply to
ransley

apparently, not even his second.

Two seconds doing a google search and anyone can find out just how bad of an idea ethanol is, both for our cars AND our economy.

Reply to
01dyna

Its good if it is not in major competition with a basic food we and livestock eat. Isnt it Brazill that is self sufficent on alcohol for e85, but this is from cane sugar, not food stocks and from newly cleared jungle.

Reply to
ransley

I bet you think auto companies are hiding the 100mpg car. Internal combustion is not the future, the electric motor is.

Reply to
ransley

On 02 Aug 2008, ransley posted some news: snipped-for-privacy@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

Why would we want to subsidize an inferior, inefficient, lousy, air fouling product like E85? Don't give me that crap about it doesn't smell. It most certainly does leave an acrid smell in the air, and it's worse than gasoline. People who have asthma have a hard time breathing in places where E85 is heavily used. Detroit, Dallas, St Louis are three I know of.

Reply to
E85 is dangerous to your healt

Yeah. They get the ethanol from cane sugar and scraps, like you said. E85 is pretty much a way of life there.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Every time I fill up with ethanol mixed gas, as I pull away, my exhaust smells like I'm burning Crown Royal...

Reply to
Hachiroku

The cop said I smell alcohol, I told the cop I wasnt drinking, he believed me when he smelled the exhaust.

Reply to
ransley

E85 is dangerous to your health wrote in news:Xns9AEEAADFA5A1Aihefiop@127.0.0.1:

Ethanol is fine and you are an obvious shill hired by the oil companies.

Reply to
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are M

Get your hands on an Internal Ford TSB and find out how much of a shill he is. Especially pertaining to the 3.8 Liter engine and the Ford Windstar.

LOL! Shill for an oil company. Your tin foil hat adjusted properly?

Reply to
Hachiroku