Left Turn Signal Will Not Turn Off

I have a 99 Toyota Camry and I am having problems with my left turn signal. When I turn on my left turn signal it works just fine but it will not turn off after making a turn, even if I manualy turn it off it still stays on or if I turn on the right turn signal the left one is still blinking at half power. I can see the turn signal blinking very faint on my dash and in the head light and tail light aswell. If I let it go for a few minutes smoke start coming out of my steering colom which really concerns me. Does anyone know how I could get this fixed with out changing the steering colom? Please Help?

Reply to
newsense14

Sounds like you have a switch issue. Find a shop that can diagnose basic electrical issues, and you should be good to go. It doesn't sound like that complicated of a problem.

Reply to
qslim

Good advice, and also, don't play with your turn signals until smoke comes out of the steering column! That can't be good, and all you're doing is burning the leads to the bad switch, which will increase your bill when they have to replace them!

Reply to
mack

Yeah, that too. If it smokes, leave it alone until you get someone to fix it.

Reply to
qslim