Looking for any electric wiring book for Camry 96'

Any suggesion?

I saw there are two manuals from 2 publishers in Amazon book store: Chilton & Haynes, are they useful in wiring problem? which one talks more about wiring?

Reply to
JJ

I have a older haynes what is your question.maybe I can look it up

Reply to
m Ransley

Haynes has some wiring diagrams in the back - not as thorough as the factory electrical wiring manual, but can be helpful. Basically, they've copied the overall schematics from the factory electrical manual for general systems and reprinted them there.

Reply to
Daniel

Haynes has some wiring diagrams in the back - not as thorough as the factory electrical wiring manual, but can be helpful. Basically, they've copied the overall schematics from the factory electrical manual for general systems and reprinted them there. The complete factory electrical wiring diagrams fill a third volume to the factory repair manual set.

Reply to
Daniel

Oh..... Thanks..... it is wonderful.

My master switch cannot open/close the back window, and cannot lock the doors. And also, I cannot lock the doors by turning the key outside,

I had checked the fuse for the power windows/lock, it is OK.

I had opened the master switch, and had it cleaned by the contact cleaner.

I had also opened the plastic panel( beside the right door & under the coin storage), I found 3 branches of wires, one to the door speaker, one to the master switch, and one to the back door switch. I think I will unplug those wires and had it cleaned by contact cleaner.

"m Ransley" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3133.bay.webtv.net...

Reply to
JJ

Oh....... that means I have to go for the factory manual...

"Daniel"

: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
JJ

My haines was not much help but for an earlier model it showes the lock relay in the driver door switch pod. They do go bad. Corrosion could be a cause, electronics spray cleaner with power off and moving switches may help, or you may just find corroded power contacts even in the lock, try some spray and check contacts

Reply to
m Ransley

And also, I cannot lock the doors by turning the key outside,

------------------ Sounds more like a problem with the linkage rod than an electrical problem.

Reply to
Daniel

I think it is more likely an electric problem, coz the key supposed to lock all 4 doors, now just only one door is closed.

"Daniel" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
JJ

It is kind of difficult to reach the lock even the door panel is opened. I think I am going to buy chilton manual..... It is not very easy to allocate the parts and wires without a manual.

Thanks

"m Ransley" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3134.bay.webtv.net...

Reply to
JJ