To everyone wanting repair advice & direction...

I've seen a lot of people asking here recently, "where is this..." "how do I do that...".

Rather than solely relying on the kindness of strangers to post, pick up a Haynes or Chilton manual for your car at any auto parts store for around $10. It is amazing what you can do with one (along with some patience, confidence, and a few tools).

Also, do a Google groups search of this message group. You are likely not the first who has ever asked the question. A LOT of questions could be answered very quickly with a Google groups search.

Being a Saturn owner for more than 11 years now, I used to post here a lot offering instructions and help to those who asked, but don't do it much anymore. I find the exact same questions being asked over and over, and a person has only so much time and patience to retype the answer each time. Use Google groups. It will help.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

There is no $10 Haynes or Chilton manual for an L100, L200, LW200, L300, or LW300.

rufus

Which is why I invested $140 in the set of factory manuals from Helm.

I'll take a Haynes manual over a Chilton any day... If they would only publish what I need. Chilton manuals used to be great - about 30 years ago

Reply to
Oppie

Haynes and Chilton manuals are available at any Doscount/Advanced Auto, Pep Boys or other auto parts store at an average of $15 each.

Just fyi, to be helpful, Lane is right, there are alredy alot of old archived posts here. To find them using Outlook Express, click on the Find button on the top toolbar and search for any keyword.

You can also search this board from Google at:

type in Saturn in the search and click on Related groups link at thetop of the posts. All posts are archived there too and no newsreader required.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

I agree - part of working on your own car is doing your own research.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

Is it still okay to post a question about a procedure before proceding based solely on what Chilton's says?

Everyone is at a different stage in their learning. Whether it is cars or computers or life. I will still thank those who take the trouble to ask, and those who take the trouble to answer. I learn from reading both.

Richard

Reply to
user