Malibu vs Camry - have Chevy dealers grown a pair?

What is your price of a new power steering pump to fit a 2002 Lexus LS? My dealer charges $1,500, three hours labor @ $110 and an 'environmental charge of $40

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I'm bet it did not really look and run that bad when it was new Scott, and I'll bet it is not as good as the 2007 Corolla on the market today, albeit it $6,000 more to buy today. ')

Keep running it, WBMA, In another 95,000 or so, if its still going, and your mileage might catch up to my '71 Pinto ;)

On of my grand children has a 2000 Mystique, that was once mine. I has around 230,000 on the clock. Looks runs great.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

How about a picture. Some people have a different idea what brand new means than I do.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Perhaps he purchased his brand new 92 Corolla in 1998? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

i dunno. let me see what the pump csosts. that does sound retarded, though. called any local parts stores to get their prices?

Reply to
someone

I wonder if this is a direct result of the Fusion stealing sales from Toyota? What kind of Toyotas did they have?

Nearby:

Dealer chev/mazd 1 toyota, 11 fords, 75 chevrolets, 19 mazdas toyota 186 toyotas, 14 fords, 10 chevrolets chev 0 toyotas, 3 fords, 73 chevrolets ford 1 toyota, 142 fords, 7 chevrolets ford 0 toyotas, 64 Fords, 5 chevrolets

It's whats NOT proven that's i>> > One need not go to a chat room to find a lot of unhappy former Toyota

Pure crap.

Or, they're going with the Erma Bombeck principle... when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

It's not just turnover, it's margin, too. If they got those trucks cheap enough, they'll make money.

Reply to
dh