Moisture problems

I have 91 camry 86000 Have put on 2 caps and wire sets. After it rains and car warms up it wants to and will die when I accelerate. If i let it sit for 30 min after it is warm its ok ,it dries out.. Bad distributor caps? , What else could it be

Reply to
mark Ransley

Certainly sounds like it is a moisture issue, but as you have changed the cap and leads, did you check the spark plugs for moisture down around where they sit? The neoprene boots (square tops) should be a snug fit to stop moisture forming around the plugs.

Apart from that, is the engine -check light on? If so the engine may have fault codes stored. These can be analysed by a mechanic.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James