Mysterious noise

It's my '93 Previa. I changed the front tires. Still, the noise came out while I slightly put my foot on the brake pedal to slow down from

65 to 55 mph. I repeated this testing for a few times on the scored concrete lane ( i think road condition increase the viration in the front end of my Previa) in freeway. The noise sounded like lurrk! lurkk! lurkk!...(I wish I could copy the right noise similar to a sound file). Once I touched the brake peda; instantly, the noise cme out. I suspect the noise still exists on other lanes of freeway even though I can barely hear it. I'm not sure? My common sense tells me if an abnormal noise occurs it should exist all the time. Not coming out once in a while?? No viration in my steering wheel. Can a soft strut on the driver side cause this noise? Or the brake system is faulty?

Any pointers and insights will be appreciated, Matt

Reply to
Matt

Matt,

If you've replaced the brake pads then you've probably eliminated the brake system. I would probably suspect wheel bearings. If you can find the right area to put the veh in neutral and listen with your windows down then you could hear the bearings. Moving the steering from left to right should have some effect but if it's wheel bearings then applying the brakes most likely won't have any effect. The struts don't usually make any noise on a level smooth roadway. Hope you find the problem.

Matt wrote:

Reply to
jlanco