New Corolla Good Car?

I test drove a brand-spanking new 2010 Corolla recently at a dealorship and found that it wandered (drifted back and forth) pretty noticeably at freeway speeds. Constant steering corrections were required to keep it going in a straight line. My wife was with me and noticed it too, so it wasn't my imagination. When I returned it, I took out another one which did not exhibit the steering problem described above. I did an internet search and discovered a fair number of similar complaints. Would that be the "nasty electric steering" referred to in the previous post? Can and will Toyota fix this problem if I end up with an affected vehicle? The people at the dealer professed to be unaware of the problem, but that's sounding suspect now. Any info. about this issue and what to do about it would be useful to include when evaluating the Corolla as a possible choice???

Yours is pretty much the only note I've ever seen claiming the Civic is a quieter car than the Corolla and that Toyotas are generally noisier than Hondas. My exprience has been that Honda cars are very noisy, especially at highway speeds. That said, the el-cheapo tires on the Civic and Corolla have plenty to do with road noise. A decent set of tires would make either car much more pleasent to drive.

Reply to
PE

Quality - down Price - up

That's the definition of overpriced.

And yet the price of Corolla goes up every year. Hence - overpriced.

Er.... overpriced?

Reply to
Optimus Prime

So why the hell do you fold up into a Camaro or a Peterbuilt, or whatever it is you fold up into?

Reply to
Hachiroku