Oil in UK

While I mentioned Gas/Petrol prices earlier in this NG I was in a store today to buy oil for a due oil change on my Camry.

I have used Magnatec for some years now. I noticed today it was Circa GB£5.00 dearer than 6 months ago. It was not until I got home I noticed although the container looks the same. But its now 4 litres instead of 4.5 litres last time I purchased. Just enough to do an oil change on the Camry now.

MAGNATEC was GB£ 25.00 for 4 litres = US$47. and MOBIL 1 was GB£43.00 = US£76.00 not sure if that was 4 or 4.5 litres though.

Tresure Island here again

Johnny UK

Reply to
JM

Johnny - This reminds me of something I saw today at the market. A fellow was checking out a tub of Breyer's ice cream, and I thought my eyes were going bad, because although the shape was the same, it looked marginally smaller to me. The tubs used to be half a gallon (two quarts), then a couple of years ago they went to 1.75 quarts. Today the same tub is 1.5 quarts. (but, gee, the price remains the same!) I'm just waiting for some genius to lower the price of cigarettes.......while giving the buyer 14 smokes instead of 20. On another topic - What do people in the UK think of Citroen C-3s ? The reason I ask is that we rented one in Ireland a few years ago, and fell in love with it. Unfortunately, French cars ceased to be imported into the US about 20 years ago, because sales were so dismal. (I loved my Peugeot and my Renault 5!)

Reply to
mack