Posting in Newsgroups - Purpose?

I have been reading some of the postings here (especially the Camry 1MZ-FE V6 Oil Filter) and it seems that there is a lot of people that either know what they are talking about or are pretty clueless with the facts.

With that said, the people who are well versed on cars and accessories should keep in mind that there is a fine line with assistance vs. arrogance. This is not to accuse anyone of being opinionated, I just think that the purpose of this forum is to assist people with problems and to offer polite and proper responses.

While I am by no means the moderator of this forum nor do I claim to be, I just think that everyday common courtesy and respect is the best way to assist people on here and in life in general.

Reply to
Car Guy

This is an un-moderated group. Compared to some other newsgroup (such as rec.audio.opinion where people argue about hi-fi equipment) this group is fairly tame (except when that crazy retired Ford guy posts). Asking people to be polite usually just makes it worse in my experience. If there posts from people you don't like, just block their id's and you won't see them.

Reply to
Mark A

Reply to
Car Guy

Falling asleep through Car Guy's post...

Ah, life on the Usenet.

Trust me, this group is nice. But the Miata group is nicer...

I could draft an FAQ, I already do one for another NG...

Reply to
Pahsons - Somnolent

Yep, in a perfect world knowledge is power and should be its own reward rather than a facility to critisise, but we are fallible from time to time ~(8^I)#-o-o

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Even though it's not possable because no one watches this group....I could not agree with you more. If your a good person, show the same respect here as you would show someone you meet face to face.

It would make the Newsgoups a better place for all : )

Reply to
Dave