Quick help!! Electrical gone crazy on '97 camry

Went out to start my car and the alarm went off....couldn't shut it off, but it finally just quit. Then I get out and close the door, it goes off again! I get in put the key in to no avail. It stayed on longer, finally shut off. I start to get out of the car, it goes off again...finally quits. A co-worker came out and just looked at it, and it went off again!

Two weeks ago driving in a major thunderstorm, the battery light came on and the air quit...only lasted a few seconds...but was strange. It's supposed to rain today and is cloudy outside. This is weird, but can the electricity in the air be affecting my car???

Of course it won't start since the alarms been going off...help! What do I do or should I have it towed somewhere and to what kind of place????

Yes, I'm a single woman working with a few guys with no car sense!

Reply to
kgtuck

Best bet is to go to an auto electrical shop which specializes. Could be just a bad ground, a short, or a bad battery.

Reply to
Art

Hi , I wonder if the alarm has failed in an ON position. So that your immobiliser is permanently in the ON.position. Just a thought.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
Johnny Melvin