How long can last my 92 Camry?

I have a Camry 92 V6-LE with 310k Km (193k Mil). Its auto tranny was re-built at 160k Km (100k Mil). Engine still runs okay. There is an oil leak that I am not sure where it comes from. More likely from valve covers. I repladed the valve covers myself about 8 months ago (new bolts and rubber grommits included), but seemed I did not do a good job as is leaking again. Oil leaks on the exaust manifold and, of course, burns and smells bad. I did the dye on the engine oil test and mechanic tells me is the valve covers. A friend tells me it could leaking at the head gasket . Or (I read in other postings) is could leak from many other places (oil pump, oil filter, PCV valve, etc). "With that kind of mileage..." he says "the head gaskets are due to go". The car still looks and drives great and I would like to drive it as long as it can last without expensive maintenance. Other than the oil leak, the A/C does not cool down enough and the cabin fan (?) only blows to medium speed. The question is, how long can the engine go before a major repair (like the head gasket)? Is it worth upgrade A/C (to newer A/C standards, (US $300), replace the blower fan or control (dont know how much)? Replace (again) the valve cover gasket and maybe other gaskets in order to stop burned oil smell? Thanks for your oppinions.

Reply to
e-cri-cri

Probaby the headgasket or distributor O ring. Headgasket is expensive repair. Valve cover is cheap repair. Have engine steam cleaned and figure out where oil leak is. Freon is still available. I would first figure if oil leak is cheap or expensive problem and if cheap visit a place that specializes in ac repair and see what they say. We cannot diagnose your car from here. My father has an 88. AC still works but the headgasket has been leaking for many years drop by drop.

Reply to
Art