Re: $20,000 over sticker for Chevy Volt is simply supply and demand

This, I believe, is based upon the fact that something like 90 percent of

> all car journeys (and I fall into this category) are less than 5 miles and > will therefore be completed without the need for the ICE to fire up.

This is actually good, since firing up an ICE for a 2 mile ride causes more problems than driving 400 miles non-stop.

Reply to
Hachiroku

In message , =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= writes

Most people don't even know that driving 1000 miles straight off, causes less wear that two cold starts, because once the engine is up to temperature and fully lubricated wear stops.

Reply to
Clive

My Scion never goes less then 5 miles, and rarely even that. Usually 12 miles at least.

I have beaters I drive to the store.

Reply to
Hachiroku