Re: 97 Camry - When to replace struts?

I replaced mine at 70000m they were going hard not soft. It will ride better with new ones, Oil leaking is not the only factor of bad struts, some dont leak and are bad as mine were

Reply to
m Ransley

Well Travis that is Bull shit my last OEM TOY and present Monroe have gotten HARD not soft with leaks . Struts fail 2 ways or more and replacing at 65-100 gets you a better ride Guarnteed,.. But then again my 90 with new michelins runs at 90 Mph and anywhere like a New Camry. Bottom line . Replace parts , your cars will run like new at 100000. mine does,

Let it die it will die , My best investment was new tires [ Only fronts 30000 m Michelins] and car is like new , on 10000m old struts.

Maintain it , do not Guess, and it will be like a new car.

Reply to
m Ransley

Yep, I've seen that too. But hard struts almost always make noise when going over bumps, so the need for replacement is more obvious.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Struts go bad by going very hard as well as soft , my last 2 sets of Camry struts went rock hard. Originals at 60000m. Replace them , get new tires and it will ride like new. 125000m is to long to keep them.

Reply to
m Ransley