Re: 99 camry remote release trunk latch

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 18:41:08 -0700, John M. Darnielle wrote: I have the same trunk release problem with my 2000 Camry. Where did you place the ball on the cable, at the front or by the trunk? This is about the only fault I've found in my car.

Paul

I just had this problem on my 97. The cable had streched. At the end of the > cable is a little ball that actuates the release. I clipped a lead fishing > weight ball to the cable in front of the original ball. So far so good. Had > to remove the trunk lid liner to remove the two bolts that holds the release > mech in place. > > -- > John M. Darnielle > Remove anti spam phrase from reply address to e-mail me. > >> Does anyone know the problem with the remote release on drivers side >> ,sometimes it works and sometimes not.I took the trunk lid apart and did >> not see anything wrong is there any adjustment somewhere? >>
Reply to
paul