Re: aging "93 LE 4cyl auto

I bought this car new but now it has 177000 plus miles on it. Can anyone in

> the group give me the heads up on potential trouble spots for a Camry with > this many miles on it. > Thanx for any input > >
Reply to
David Cutler

Jason , , do you mean an automatic, which I have has a separate differental resevoir

Reply to
mark Ransley

If its a 4 cylinder, yes, there is one, if its a 6, there is also a diff, but it shares fluid with the tranny

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Absolutely. There are drain and refill plugs for it. On other Jap 4cyl autos such as the Mitsubishi Magna with the Astron II 2.6 litre 4cyl, the auto and diff are together,...but not the Camry automatic 4cyl.

The 5 speed manual trans Camry 4 cyl has the same oil for diff and g/box.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Thanx for the input guys. For any who may be interested, the motor mounts went bad and were replaced about 50,000 miles ago and the struts are in need of replacement now. It has a small oil leak around the distributor (half quart every 2000 miles) and still gets 30+ mpg on trips.

Reply to
Randy Mize