Re: Camry 1MZ-FE (V6) oil filter.

Clean oil trumps all the religious hoopla over filters. Since paper doesn't neutralize acids nor remove water nor gasoline, the importance of the filter ... let alone all the vagueries of how the paper is folded around the core or the bypass valve pop-off pressure, or the anti drainback valve are mostly academic matters for engineers writing certifications of compliance/approval for Toyota.

Reply to
Philip®

test @ nocom yes , your problem was the filter failing to hold oil if it was a top mount or a bad pressure valve, not alowing the motor to first pressurise , therefore making a DRY start , which is a most critical time , as starting is when significant wear occurs, some have said as much as 50%. Although I feel that % is high it makes a point for concern. Chipstate feels all filters are equal. Well nothing is further from the truth Chip. Ive purchased brands that allow dry start also, and filtering ability in microns varies brand to brand. Major name brands like fram and delco are good. But some real cheap stuff may not be. Toyota is a bit pricey . Good name brands are safe

Reply to
mark Ransley

False. I said all filters meet minimum standards ... and those minimum standards are quite sufficient to provide long engine life so long as the engine oil is changed at intervals appropriate for conditions. If you need to spend $11 for a Mobil1 filter to make yourself feel good ... fine. The engine won't know the difference. Your fancy high priced filters do not take the place of oil that is saturated with carbon, water, fuel, acids, or metals. Once the bypass valve opens, filtering is not accomplished anyway. Keep your oil clean and use any filter that's on sale.

Reply to
Philip®

Chipstate , that is the true problem, some only meet minimum standards on the cerfificate, there are some poorly manufacured filters out there. Mobil 1 filter, I dont use it , waste of money, i agree . But a cheap no name ive had problems with dry starts also. Do you call toyota high priced, well I do , So look at what I wrote I didnt push the High priced stuff as you said.

Reply to
mark Ransley

Ransley... dialoging with you is like conveying a medical procedure to a person for whom English is a second language. I have made a price reference ONLY to Mobil1 filters for the sake of example of a high priced filter and, you erroneously inferred that I suggested you were pushing high priced filters. Good grief. Enough already. I probably should tell you what to think about my posts.

Reply to
Philip®

Read your post chip you said "Your fancy HIGH PRICED filters do not take the place of oil that is satutated with carbon , water , fuel ,acids or metal. " thats an inferrence.

Reply to
mark Ransley

mark... go home. And when you arrive there, look up "infer" and compair to "imply."

Reply to
Philip®

Reply to
Jack

Its short for compressed air.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

It is a deliberate mispelling to give what's his face an avenue to save face.

Reply to
Philip®

Hehehehhe. Only another mekahnik would know that! ;-)

Reply to
Philip®