Re: Camry parts - how much

Yes, you should get quotes from shops. Preferably AAA rated ones, but smaller shops can give you lower prices (but may not be as good a quality). So use references.

Clear coat is an extra layer of clear paint that protects the bottom layer and gives it a deeper luster.

Peel warranty - when the paint is not properly mixed or preped, spots can peel off. On plastic bumpers they need to soften the paint so it will flex with the plastic. Otherwise the paint cracks and peel off. I don't know what they term it exactly, but you know what I mean. :)

The foam is to keep the plastic bumper in shape ONLY. I don't think anyone in the right mind is going to think it'll offer much of a protection. You should have a flimsy looking metal bumper that protects up to IIRC 2.5MPH behind the foam. Yeah, I know, they don't build them like they used to.

That's some great information and specific steps. =A0Thanks. > > A few points that I don't understand very well. =A0What's 'clear coat > and peel warrantly? =A0Should I just check with an autoshop first to see > what price they offer? > > It's hard for me to believe foam can be used as bumper on a car. =A0Does > the original Toyota Camry also use foam bumper as you can see on my > picture? =A0If not, then I was already ripped off last time.
Reply to
johngdole