Re: Don't shoot your mouth off or else!

Have 97 camry 4cyl with 92k miles. I have had many conversations to the effect that camrys last.a long time, rides smooth and is low maintenance. That may be the case for other toyotas but mine is starting to disintegrate. Everything was fine up until about 8 mos ago when i discovered that the oil switch on the firewall was leaking! If i hadn't noticed that the oil level was low i probably would have lost the car. It emits white smoke when started (overnite) so the valve seals are faulty. The front struts had to be replaced. Recently the dealer had to replace the manifold pipe(s) which btw contain the catalytic converter! That alone cost $1200. Toss in another $300 for the wiper motor that will not shut off.

I think i have learned a lesson. No more tooting about toyota. Detroit makes junk but it has a lot of competition! Your absolutely right when you say detroit makes junk! north american domestic car manufactures will keep making junk as long as guys like you". keep buying them" and put up with below than average quality thats unexeptable. your right detroit makes junk dont shoot your mouth off.

Reply to
johnin

I just broke the top neck off the radiator... by leaning on it to get the oil filter. Honestly, it looks like varnished cardboard. My wife chose this shopping trolley, I'm going to swap it for a real car soon as I can.

Reply to
jg