Re: Floor Mats....

You are still using those floor mats? Did you hear about the Toyota recall? I'm not sure what the recall covers.

"For more information on the floor mat recall, consumers can contact the NHTSA Hotline at 888-327-4236 or their Toyota or Lexus dealer."

Maybe they have the revised set available for you to pick up!

Winter time.....looking for a Christmas gift for my daughter who has a > 1998 Camry with "carpeted floor mats," which are rapidly getting > soiled in the winter muck. > > So, looking for rubber mats of some kind that will STAY in place. I > have a set of generic rubber mats for my '03, but they slide all over > the place....a bit of a pain for me, but a "ticket to an accident" for > a young, inexperienced driver. > > Called the local Toyota dealer, said they don't have any original > Toyota rubber mats, nor can they get anything for any car older than > '02.....he said it's a common request. > > Anyway, he suggested looking into the WeatherTech brand....anyone with > any other thoughts, suggestions....
Reply to
johngdole

Thanks for the heads-up, but the recall information I heard was for Toyota Rubber floor mats. As I mentioned, I have generic rubber mats (NAPA auto store brand) in my '03, and my daughter's has Toyota, but carpeted, not rubber....so no freebie from TOY this time....

Reply to
timbirr

Toyota OEM floor mats (not the originals but the ones that are purchased extra) are grossly overpriced. I've used "Pantssaver" mats in the front of my Camry since 1999. For the back seat floor, I use the mats from my 1985 Hyundai Pony..long since dead.

Reply to
sharx35

I agree...the TOY mats are a big RIP....

But, in my daughter's car we bought it used....and they are in perfect shape....The classic little old lady from Pasadena buy, even in a 10- year-old car.

But, help me. I am confused.....I am a very irregular visitor. I go for several months and not visit or post and then I spend a week or two posting and disappear again....but....and I admit my memory may be faulty.....and I don't want to insult....but didn't SHARX used to be....how to phrase it nicely....less than helpful in the past.

BUT, in the past few days, I have seen nothing but perfectly wonderful and what seen to be VERY RIGHT ON POSTS from Sharx....maybe I have just matured....Anyway....I've valued Sharx recently contributions very much.

Reply to
timbirr

Ah, it's mainly on the political ones that I blow my wad. I just cannot STAND terrorists or anyone who supports them, however indirectly.

Reply to
sharx35