Re: Origin Sticker question

Umm, I meant 462,000 Camrys, Avalons, and Siennas are assembled in Kentucky, not NUMMI.

Reply to
Built_Well

For those sweet Aichi machines that were made in Japan, the parts content shows 80 percent USA/Canada parts and

20 percent Japan parts. But the engine and tranz both show the origin as Japan.

Are the engine and transmission counted as a single part each; how does that work?

Also, if their origin is Japan, does that mean the engine and tranz are composed of Japanese parts exclusively, or perhaps they too contain some "AC Delco"-like parts from USA/Canada?

By the way, I'm sure *most* U.S. and Candadian parts are superb as I know my fellow Americans make top-notch products, but I fear there might be one or two sub-par parts that might have snuck in there, and that's why I really wanted to replace my superb "J-Vin" Tercel with a "J-Vin" Camry.

Alas, you just can't count on American management like you can Japanese management, I suppose--and I say that as being one-hundred percent American, so don't blame our Japanese friends for this post :-)

Thanks so much.

Reply to
Built_Well

By the way, in my previous post, I was blaming American

*management*, not American/Canadian *Workers*. Like Mike Hunter, I also believe quality is a function of management.

I think workers are equally competent around the world. So if one country makes better cars than another, I would guess it's because *MANAGEMENT* is taking short cuts to save money--say using inferior parts or following the principles of built-in obsolescence or lowering quality control all to save money. Yet it sure has backfired over the past 2 decades as *Management* has led GM and Ford to the brink of bankruptcy.

Does Rick Wagoner really deserve a yearly pay of 4.66 million? I have to wonder how much Mister Watanabe and Mr. Suzuki of Toyota are making....

Reply to
Built_Well

In Japan? It is many more MILLIONS, for sure LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

How funny is this. Right now you can buy a new Dodge Caravan for the price of a Corolla.

A minivan for the price of a compact car....

Everybody's lowering prices to rock bottom, but not Toyota. Toyota knows people will pay for quality.

Reply to
Built_Well

Really? According to 'Automotive News' Toyota has a 80 day supply of leftover 2005 models, longer than do any of the domestics which average less than a 50 day supply of leftover 2005s. Toyota currently is advertising higher rebates on its 2006 cars than some domestics. The rebate on some of Toyotas 2006 cars is $750 while many domestic 2006 cars models have no rebates. Apparently Toyota thinks price IS important.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Hachiroku, would you happen to know the answer to this question?

For those wonderful Aichi machines on my dealer's lot that were made in Japan, the parts content shows

80 percent USA/Canada parts and 20 percent Japan parts. But the engine and tranz both show the origin as Japan.

Are the engine and transmission counted as a single part each; how does that work?

Plus, since their origin is Japan, does that mean the engine and tranz are composed of Japanese parts exclusively, or perhaps they too contain some parts from North America?

Thanks a zillion! Your knowledge is vast.

Reply to
Built_Well

Hachiroku, an internet sales manager 100 miles away from me in Saint Louis, emailed me this message about their Japan Camry availability:

"It seems as though the [Gray] Camry is the only Japanese Camry we are going to get until next year. My Manager said imported Camrys usually come only at the *END OF THE YEAR*. This has to do with the way production, and allocation are set-up." [End of Quote]

Interesting that your few Aichi Camrys arrived at the dealership during the SUMMER, yet the Saint Louis dealer says they usually only get'em at YEAR END.

This is important to me, since if ordinarily Aichi Camrys only come at Year-End, I better buy one fast, instead of wating for the Silver Japan Camry I'm looking for. But I'm not crazy about the Gray Japan Camry they have.

Reply to
Built_Well