Re: Possible to have 15" tires on Camry 2007?

Hi! I own a Camry 2007 which has a 16" michelin tires on it. Since I had

> previously a Camry 2002 with brand new winter tires on it, however, 15" > only, I was told that it is possible to buy 15" rims and put my 15" tires > on it. Would this fit my 2007 Camry? Is it something you would not > recommend me or is this ok? Any advise? > > Many thanks!! >

The larger the wheels, the better the ride. Why would ANYONE in their right mind want SMALLER wheels?

-- > -- > Daniel >

sharx35

I think there is a point where the ride becomes bone-jarringly harsh because the sidewall of the tire gets too low to absorb road irregularities. Bigger isn't always better.

Reply to
Nobody Important

That's what your wife tells you to save your ego.

Reply to
sharx35

What kind of science is behind this statement ? In other words: how do you define "better ride" ?

Reply to
Pszemol

The larger the size on any given wheel, the more it will weigh. Add 100 pounds to your back seat and you probably won't notice it. Add that same, now-unsprung weight to your wheels and it will feel like you are driving a tank.

Still, there is not going to be a big difference in either weight or ride quality between the same model 15 and 16 inch wheels. The profile and flexibility of the tire sidewall is far more important to ride quality, whether you are going for performance or comfort, when talking about such a small wheel size difference.

My last car had 15 inch wheels with 195/50/15 tires. Now I have 16 inch wheels with lower profile 215/40/16's. Ignoring the fact that so many other factors affect what is "better" in a ride, there is no question that the 15 inch wheels with the higher profile tires was more comfortable to drive on, which only makes sense.

One reason to want smaller wheels is cost. There is a really big increase in price on most tires when you go from 15 to 16 inches. I used to be able to buy high-performance tires in my size for $60.00 a corner.

Now I am looking at closer to $125.00 each, and they are not that much wider than the tires I had on the 15 inch wheels.

Pat

Reply to
pws