Possible to have 15" tires on Camry 2007?

Hi! I own a Camry 2007 which has a 16" michelin tires on it. Since I had previously a Camry 2002 with brand new winter tires on it, however, 15" only, I was told that it is possible to buy 15" rims and put my 15" tires on it. Would this fit my 2007 Camry? Is it something you would not recommend me or is this ok? Any advise?

Many thanks!!

Reply to
cimetiere

As long as it clears everything! Get a 15" from a boneyard and jack up one side of the car, and try it on the front and rear and make sure it clears calipers, rotors, drums, etc.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Why would someone invest in a set of wheels to fit tires that will give incorrect speedometer readings, change the transmission shift points, and get poorer fuel economy? Best bet is to sell the 15" tires.

Reply to
Ray O

It is the outer, tire diameter, not the rim diamer that affects speedometer and such. You may well have the same outer diameter with the 15" as with the 16", but you have not told us the other tire dimensions. Other rim dimensions to think about are width and especially the offset. Do a Google search and find for instance

As Hachiroku said, you have to make sure that the wheel clears everything in every possible position. Since the wheels are for the same car type, there is a possibility they will fit, but there is a chance that the new Camry has bigger brakes.

Asbjørn

Reply to
Asbjørn

Cool! Thanks for the link!

Additionally, winter tires are usually a higher profile than summer or 'touring' tires, so Ray's concerns may not have an impact. Another good resource:

or this one:

This will give you some idea of what impact a different tire will have on the systems in the car.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh, here's another good one that will give you speedo error:

Hachiroku