Rear Brake Adjustment 97 Camry

The dealer said my brakes are Ok, but the rear brakes need to be adjusted. I thought the rear brakes were self adjusting.

Reply to
cmuller

They are by backing up and hitting the brake hard several times they will adjust. I do clean mine from time to time with brake cleaner to get the dust out and they work better after that. If you think they need adjusting due to a lot of travel in the parking brake that can be adjusted. BTW my 97 rear brakes are original with

2/3 of the pad left at 183,000 miles.
Reply to
ROBMURR