Scraping noise from wheels?

Hi, I have a 1987 toyota camry and am hearing a scraping noise that comes from the front wheels, even when the breaks are not applied.
I replaced the break pads and the sound is still there. What could be causing this noise?
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (B.F.) wrote in message
What could be

If it were me, I'd raise the car (supported by jack stands at the frame), remove the wheel(s), and turn by hand while observing to detect the source of the noise. Bent dust shield perhaps?
There is a curved piece of metal on the front brake assembly that directs air against the calipers (to cool them). This metal is easily bent & can rub against the tire/wheel causing noise. With the car on your driveway, in park, turned off, & keys out of the ignition (safety first!!) - look for this piece of metal (it sort of looks like a scoop) and if it looks like it is touching the wheel/tire - just bend it away.

Thanks guys! I will try this things out. Hope it is something inexpensive and easy to fix.
Again thank you for your help. :)
Myc