sienna battery charger

Our sienna's 04 battery got low after one of our toddlers hit the open door button on the remote from within the house and we never saw the car at the garage until next morning, I bought at sears the battery charger device and charged the battery while installed in the car for like 5 hours at 12amps (15? I don't remember) , Is that an acceptable way of recharging the battery ? Or should I had to remove it from the car completely and then charge it outside ?

Reply to
E Arredondo

The charger has a amp input indicator or get one that does.

Reply to
m Ransley

door

and

battery

As arule it is not advisable to charge a car battery 'insitu' or in place. You must disconnect one of the battery connections. Alternator power-diode damage can occur. Its just too risky.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Jason, how can you damage an alternator at 15A, you car puts out 60A? I have never read that you can damage an alternator that way, By what you are saying then jumping a car would do it also. I dont think so.

Reply to
m Ransley