Maint Reqd

Hi everybody! My Toyota Camry 2004 (17K miles) has annoying "Maint Reqd" light on. I just changed the oil. What could it be? How to turn it off? Thanks.

Reply to
EugeneN

I believe there is a procedure to clear the maintenance light, something along the lines of turning your car on, but not starting it and pressing the trip meter reset button for 10 secs...If that doesn't work just call the dealership and ask them what the procedure is for resetting the maintenance Required light after the maintenace has been performed. Or, if you don't want to talk to the dealer, you can just remove your ECM1 fuse and disconnect your negative battery terminal for more than 90 secs(I usually leave it for 5-10 min) this will clear everything from the computer. Put your fuse back in(make sure its in the right spot, this can cause some grief if it gets put back wrong, I've done it a few times) and reconnect the battery. If the Light is still on, there is still a problem, and you should recheck your oil level, air filter, drain plug, oil filter etc. and then try resetting the computer again. Good Luck!

Reply to
greenterror

Reply to
EugeneN

The procedure for turning it off is usually in the owners manual.

"When a legislature undertakes to proscribe the exercise of a citizen's constitutional rights it acts lawlessly and the citizen can take matters into his own hands and proceed on the basis that such a law is no law at all."

- Justice William O. Douglas

Reply to
MisterSkippy