Slack seat belts.

There was instruction on here some months ago about Getting more tension on the return spring on the seat belts on CAMRYs

Did anyone carry it out. Does it work or was it a waste of time

Jm UK.

Reply to
JM

I'm not sure if it's the same but I had a problem with the seat belt on my Tundra not wanting to retract for storage. I removed the seat belt assembly, added either one or two turns to the return spring and it solved my problem...for a short time only. Then it was the same as before, have to baby it to get it to retract. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Hi,

Yes that's the same as my Camry. Even the belts in the back and they don't get used much. Toyota want near $400 to change the 2 front ones. Wonder if the springs are just not up to it.

I don't ever remember this problem on any other car I have owned. I might give it a try and see what gives,

Thanks for the comment,

Bye the way one guy a while back had said spray belts with some lube. Silicon spray that did help. Maybe doing the 2 at the same time be worth while

bye JM.

Reply to
JM