Steering wheel vibrates when braking at high speed

Hi, sometimes when I step on the brakes when my Camry is running at high speed, the steering wheel vibrates. Any ideas what causes this and how to diagnose it?

Thanks

Reply to
aiuser

Brake rotors out of tolerance; have them machined

Reply to
Stephen H

Warped rotors, stopping fast 60-0 overheats them, machining will fix it but remove more of the metal you need to prevent warping. If brakes are worn new rotors are best, and dont stop so hard.

Reply to
m Ransley

Do you guys know if this happens at around 35,000 kms on my 2005 Camry, would it be covered by a manufacturer's warranty? In this case, would they replace the rorots or machine them? I don't think this is normal for the rotors to get warped so soon, is it? Thanks.

Regards,

Alan D.

Reply to
Alander

I could get new brakes in the morning and warp the rotors by after noon.

60-0 fast stops and leaving your foot on the brake probably does it, the rotor cools into the pad when stopped warping it Slow down easier, no it wont be covered by warranty.
Reply to
m Ransley