Tire Pressure

I am running 1993 Camry 4 Cylinder.

I just replaced all 4 tires with specs 195/70/R14.

I saw the writting on the tire about max Pressure.

I want to know how much I should inflate the tires. To what pressure. Is it the max. pressure written on the Tyre.

Is there any special tyre pressure for cold conditions

Reply to
swami

Might as well ask which religion ... or motor oil ... is 'best.'

Personally, on a front wheel drive car, I tend to run the tire pressure about half way between the car manufacturer's sticker pressure and the max load pressure on the tire sidewall. The rear tires are less stressed so the car manufacturer's pressure is okay.

--
  - Philip
In observance of Pear Harbor, feel free to

For that vehicle and tire size try 30 psi front and 26 psi rear. Best to use an accurate dial type gauge, and test cold, first thing in the morning. Standard pressure is 26 psi F/R (1-4 passengers), optional 29 F/R (for all rated conditions), so the above relfects an adjustment to balance ride, handling, and mileage. If you're carrying four passengers and luggage, use 29 in the rear. A poor quality tire gauge will be off by several pounds. See:

I like the Accu-Gage=AE S at the bottom of the page. $10 well spent. (invested? had mine for years)

Reply to
nospampls2002

For that vehicle and tire size try 30 psi front and 26 psi rear. Best to use an accurate dial type gauge, and test cold, first thing in the morning. Standard pressure is 26 psi F/R (1-4 passengers), optional 29 F/R (for all rated conditions), so the above relfects an adjustment to balance ride, handling, and mileage. If you're carrying four passengers and luggage, use 29 in the rear. A poor quality tire gauge will be off by several pounds. See:

I like the Accu-Gage=AE S at the bottom of the page. $10 well spent. (invested? had mine for years)

Reply to
nospampls2002

Never inflate to within 5 lb of max on a cold tire, the max is its max pressure hot, you need roon to expand apx 4 lb., and figure your gauge is innacurate as well. Psi is on your door for cold tires, factory ratings are based on weight to give you full tread contact and even wear. Rears are ok near the factory fronts can be a bit higher that is up to you, your tires and roads. Underinflation will start to hurt a tire and increase heat at 2 lb under .

Reply to
m Ransley

Look on the door frame of your veh. It should give tire pressure there.

Reply to
John Wojcicki

Personally, I dont go below 28 psi or above 32 psi on the front tires of a frontwheel drive car. The rears can be min 24. If you carry a load then the rears can go up to 28.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James